Texas weather is unpredictable and ever changing. It takes a lot to keep a building heated or cooled, especially when the weather often changes. Here are a few tips on saving money on your next electricity bill:
- Install insulation. Spray foam insulation is the best option for insulating and keeping a controlled environment in your home or building.
- Cover bare floors. Consider laying out a rug on tile that is exposed. This will help cut heating costs in the winter.
- Fix leaky faucets. Dripping water is still running water, which in return will drain your electricity.
- Upgrade to energy efficient appliances. Although some energy efficient appliances might cost more than the standard appliance, you will still save more money by spending a little more.
- Use shades, blinds, or drapes. Keeping the sun out will reduce energy costs and will help keep your home cool in the summer. Using shades, blinds, or drapes can also help keep cold windows insulated during the winter.
- Change your AC/heating filters monthly. Having clogged filters causes your AC or heater to have to work overtime, which means using more energy.
- Install energy-efficient windows and doors. Look for low-emissivity (low-e) windows that can help deflect sunlight. Also, make sure to seal windows and doors properly so that there are no leaks letting cool/warm air in or out.
- Unplug electronics while not in use. Don’t let an unused electronic or appliance sit plugged in and contribute to raising your electric bill.
For more information on saving energy, contact us at Energy Assault Solutions to see what we can do for you!