Owning an old home or building can be both difficult to maintain, but definitely rewarding. Here are some pros and cons to consider when thinking of buying and owning an old home:
- Generally, old homes have poor energy efficiency due to old materials. Luckily, this can be easily updated with modern energy efficient supplies such as low-e windows, water-efficient toilets, and spray foam.
- Renovation may be expensive. When buying an older home, problems can spur up during renovation that were not apparent when first purchased.
- You won’t get everything you want because it was designed by the previous owners to their liking. When buying an old home, it’s best to keep an open mind.
- Older homes can be very unique, leaving a lot of room for creativity, and can have a great curb appeal.
- Older homes can be a lot cheaper than building or buying a model home. If you are willing to put in a little elbow grease in renovations, you might just have yourself a beautiful and unique fixer upper.
- Despite what some may think, older homes can be easily transformed into a cost efficient and energy preserving house. Many of these energy efficient supplies are affordable and will save you a lot of money in the long run.
For a quote on saving money in your home with spray foam, contact us at 281-661-3632.